Sunday, September 21, 2008




Thanks to Kir's post below, I decided to put something else up about National Novel Writing Month since my original post is about to go into blog archive heaven.

Just a little more than a month to go! Kir makes a good point -- it may be difficult to do something like this in a genre you already write in. We all have our processes we use to tackle our work, so this is a good opportunity to try something you never have before to see what happens! Who knows?

For example, I am writing a middle school novel/chapter book as my one-month, 50,000 word challenge. The idea for the book came to me a couple of months ago. I haven't had much time to do anything about it, so the idea is fresh. I'm going to use Kir's guide to think it through just before the November 1st kickoff. And then, I am just going to write and see what happens.

Let me know if anyone else is interested. This is something fun and challenging, and who knows -- you may produce a really great draft that can become one of your best publishable works!

Anne

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you have also blog
i liked your blog
you are fantastic!!!

really nice blog
fabulous fantastic