Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Time for a Critique Session?

Sadly, as I began to write this note I couldn't remember what we called our occassional critique sessions we used to do - was did we refer to them as readings? Hmmmmm. But perhaps this confusion means it has been too long.

Is anyone still interested in getting together for an occassional critique group? A chance to share some new work with others and get their feedback?

I miss that part of the M.F.A. I feel like I'm writing in a dark hole right now. Paola and I did an email/telephone critique session for our children's stories earlier this year and it was really helpful. I'd love to get into some sort of rhythm, either in a group or with someone on a more one-on-one basis.

Let me know what you think.
Anne

3 comments:

Colleen said...

I just emailed the library the other day to see if their next critique group is starting up (haven't heard back yet)- great idea! - I'd be interested.

Kir said...

As would I, but I'm afraid that once November's novel session starts, I won't have time to do anything at all...

ACW said...

It would need to be post-November, I'm afraid, or maybe even a 2009 goal. Yes, prepping for novel writing and in the midst of a massive C-Suite marketing campaign to drum up business!
Anne