Sunday, October 26, 2008

Less Than One Week to Go

National Novel Writing Month begins next Saturday, November 1st. Sharpen your pencils, gather your pens, exercise your typing fingers.

To keep ourselves motivated (or honest, pushed, punished, whatever word you want to use) I'm thinking we might want to post our progress here. I'm trying to decide what makes sense - once a week, twice a week - does it sound like a good idea or no?

I just know if we start and fall silent for 30 days it won't be as much fun and I'll have a hard time staying motivated.

Any ideas?
Anne

3 comments:

Kir said...

I think the progress updates are a good idea. For me, maybe once a week. I'm thinking I'll update y'all on Mondays, since I plan to use weekends as catch-up days.

BTW: Did I tell you all that I challenged my Creative Writing CLUB students to participate as well? I've got at least 10 of them who are going to take up the challenge. None of them have ever FINISHED a novel, although many have started one...

Kir said...

Also, let's use this space some time this week to hash out ideas we've had for our novels. At least, I'm going to...any one else game?

Colleen said...

I signed up online and did some browsing, and it looks like you can add friends to your online nanowrimo account. I think we might be able to view each others progress that way too. (And possibly allow each other to view our unedited writing...though I don't think I'm that brave!)

There are also regional nanowrimo writing groups that share their writing goals, ideas, etc., and get together before, during and after the month - kind of a local support group to keep you motivated. I joined my town's group, who's meeting for a write-in at Borders Nov 1. I'm not sure what to expect, but it's definitely something different, and a way to meet more local writers.